Strive is a texting tool used by progressive campaigns and organizations around the world. We are a small, mission-driven team with big ambitions: amplify the reach and impact of people-powered movements.
As a platform made for change-makers, we continuously innovate to meet the needs of advocacy. Our unique blend of automations, broadcast functionality, rest API access, and inbox features were built in collaboration with some of the most exciting progressive organizations in the country. From NARAL Pro-Choice America to Innocence Project, Sunrise Movement, Warren Democrats, and Mijente – our partners are at the cutting-edge of mobile advocacy
Our unwavering focus has placed our technology at the forefront of what’s possible in SMS advocacy. Strive is a bootstrapped, independent company, free from the pressures of investors and shareholders that force other companies to prioritize profits over impact. We’re committed to building a team that reflects the diversity of the organizations we serve and the future we’re collectively fighting for.
About the role
Strive Messaging is seeking a full-time DevOps Engineer to join our growing Product team.
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll be a key stakeholder in shaping our approach to industry challenges and defining how our product can solve those challenges. Throughout the software development life cycle, you’ll be collaborating with Engineers to identify, implement, and maintain development processes.
The DevOps Engineer will be a core member of our technical team. Your work will improve developer effectiveness and productivity – while ensuring our platform is reliable. From managing our testing environments to monitoring performance, you’ll apply your knowledge of cloud technology and industry best practices. You’ll spearhead infrastructure deployment, maintenance, and security, as well as automation for CI/CD. The DevOps engineer will be an innovative problem solver, who’s focused on establishing efficiency. Each day will be uniquely rewarding as you optimize the contributions of your teammates and the digital organizing performance of Strive users.
If you are interested in coding for good while empowering the progressive movement – we’d love to hear from you!
- Deployment and maintenance of platform infrastructure
- Creation and management of local, staging, and production environments
- Monitor platform for reliability and performance
- Troubleshoot deployment and stability issues
- Work with the Product team to establish consistent best practices for DevOps integration into development processes
- 3+ years of experience using AWS, ideally including comfort with the majority of the following services (or equivalent): EC2, S3, CloudFront, Lambda, IAM, Route 53, ECR, ECS, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, SNS, CloudWatch
- 3+ years of experience managing code and projects using version control systems (ideally some flavor of Git)
- 2+ years of experience with database configuration and management (ideally PostgreSQL, or other relational databases)
- 2+ years of experience implementing information technology security best practices (familiarity with SOC 2 a plus)
- 2+ years of experience working in Linux environments
- 1+ years of experience working with containerization tools (ideally Docker)
- 1+ years of experience working with infrastructure as code tools (ideally Terraform, or other IaC tools like Ansible, Salt, etc.)
- Networking experience (such as configuring DNS) a plus
- Exposure to React and/or Node.js a plus
- Experience working with voice and/or SMS tools such as Twilio a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Some of our key benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- 100-120k per year salary, based on experience level and qualifications
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with 100% of premiums covered by Strive
- Generous 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO, with a minimum of 15 days per year
- Office space/coworking space stipend
To apply, please submit your resume/CV, your portfolio, and a statement of interest.
Strive Messaging provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.