Strive is a texting tool used by progressive campaigns and organizations around the world. We are a small, mission-driven team with big ambitions: amplify the reach and impact of people-powered movements.
As a platform made for change-makers, we continuously innovate to meet the needs of advocacy. Our unique blend of automations, broadcast functionality, restAPI access, and inbox features were built in collaboration with some of the most exciting progressive organizations in the country. From NARAL Pro-Choice America to Innocence Project, Sunrise Movement, Warren Democrats, and Mijente – our partners are at the cutting-edge of mobile advocacy
Our unwavering focus has placed our technology at the forefront of what’s possible in SMS advocacy. Strive is a bootstrapped, independent company, free from the pressures of investors and shareholders that force other companies to prioritize profits over impact. We’re committed to building a team that reflects the diversity of the organizations we serve and the future we’re collectively fighting for.
About the role
Strive Messaging is seeking a full-time Senior Front End Developer/UX Designer to join our growing Product team.
As a digital tool used everyday by leading organizers and political strategists, we’re constantly looking to users to inform our product. From developing new features to refine existing ones, the Senior Front End Developer/UX Designer will aim to deliver value to the movements that use our tool.
As a Senior Front End Developer/UX Designer you’ll be a key stakeholder in shaping our approach to industry challenges and defining how our product can address those challenges. The Senior Front End Developer/UX Designer will need to be an advocate for our users. We are looking for a curious and versatile problem-solver who’s passionate about efficiency, scalability, and usability.
The Senior Front End Developer/UX Designer will be responsible for our UI from concept to execution. You’ll lead UX/UI design as well as front end maintenance, implementation, and improvements. As the Senior Front End Developer/UX Designer, you’ll be the bridge between UX best practices and front end implementation. You’ll use your creativity, analytical skills, and knowledge of user facing technologies to launch powerful SMS features for our highly engaged user base. You’ll collaborate with members of our Partnerships team and Product team to scope, inform, and implement UX and front end solutions in our API.
If you are interested in building front end code for good while empowering the progressive movement – we’d love to hear from you!
- Develop UI and UX strategies based on user feedback and team goals
- Build wireframes, prototypes mockups, and UI design following a modular and reusable approach in Figma
- Contribute to design of information architecture
- Translate Figma design comps into front end code
- Debug front end issues and implement more cohesive and coherent user experiences.
- Document UI components and functional specifications
- Incorporate qualitative and quantitative data to drive design decision making
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to inform strategy and implementation
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years of experience with front end web frameworks (React preferred)
- 3-5 years experience working in product design and web application development for SaaS products or B2B software
- Demonstrated experience with server-driven UI architectures, patterns, and API design
- Working knowledge of prototyping software such as Sketch and Figma
- Experience Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and After Effects a plus
- Experience with Next JS, Tailwind, CSS a plus
- Strong communication and self management skills - you work constructively and respectfully with people from technical and non-technical backgrounds, including an understanding of how to share technical progress and manage expectations with both customers and internal teams
- Passion for progressive politics
Compensation and Benefits
Some of our key benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- 100-130k per year salary, based on experience level and qualifications
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits, and Life Insurance with 100% of premiums covered by Strive
- Generous 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO, with a minimum of 15 days per year
- 14 Week Paid Parental Leave following the addition of a new child to your family through birth and adoption
- Office space/coworking space stipend
To apply please submit your resume/CV, portfolio, and a statement of interest.
Strive Messaging provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.