Strive is a texting tool used by progressive campaigns and organizations around the world. We are a small, mission-driven team with big ambitions: amplify the reach and impact of people-powered movements.As a platform made for change-makers, we continuously innovate to meet the needs of advocacy.
Our unique blend of automations, broadcast functionality, rest API access, and inbox features were built in collaboration with some of the most exciting progressive organizations in the country. From NARAL Pro-Choice America to Innocence Project, Sunrise Movement, Warren Democrats, and Mijente – our partners are at the cutting-edge of mobile advocacy.
Our unwavering focus has placed our technology at the forefront of what’s possible in SMS advocacy. Strive is a bootstrapped, independent company, free from the pressures of investors and shareholders that force other companies to prioritize profits over impact. We’re committed to building a team that reflects the diversity of the organizations we serve and the future we’re collectively fighting for.
About the role
Strive Messaging is seeking a full-time Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our growing Product team.
The Senior Full-Stack Engineer will be a key stakeholder in shaping our approach to industry challenges and defining how our product can solve those challenges. You will contribute to architecture, implementation, and maintenance of our backend infrastructure.
In this role you’ll get to spearhead new features and refine existing ones while collaborating with fellow engineers during code reviews and occasional pair programming. From leading efforts with our growing technical team to developing software used by advocacy groups and democratic candidates – each day will be uniquely rewarding.
If you are interested in leading projects across a full-stack while coding for good – we’d love to hear from you!
- Play an integral role on our full-stack development team
- Troubleshoot, debug, and update systems
- Identify and remove technical roadblocks while accounting for long term solutions
- Design and implement backend and frontend code while scaling our platform infrastructure in an automated way
- Collaborate with Product and Partnerships teams on project deliverables
- Monitor and instrument our database and applications
- Oversee data security and implement appropriate controls
- Document and manage processes, procedures, and environments to ensure continuity and efficiency
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 4-5 years of experience at a SaaS company OR 6-7 years experience at a SaaS company
- Proven track record of building applications and scalable systems in NodeJS
- Experience with object-oriented languages like Python a plus (but not required)
- Experience with PostgreSQL and GraphQL
- Front end proficiency in React, NextJS, and Styled Components
- 2+ years experience with DevOps processes and best practices
- Strong communication and management skills - you work constructively and respectfully with people from technical and non-technical backgrounds, including an understanding of how to share technical progress and manage expectations with both management and clients
- Passion for progressive politics
Compensation and Benefits
Some of our key benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- 150-175k per year salary, based on experience level and qualifications
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with 100% of premiums covered by Strive
- Generous 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO, with a minimum of 15 days per year
To apply, please submit your resume/CV and a statement of interest.
Strive Messaging provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.