Strive is a texting tool used by progressive campaigns and organizations around the world. We are a small, mission-driven team with big ambitions: amplify the reach and impact of people-powered movements.
As a platform made for change-makers, we continuously innovate to meet the needs of advocacy. Our unique blend of automations, broadcast functionality, restAPI access, and inbox features were built in collaboration with some of the most exciting progressive organizations in the country. From NARAL Pro-Choice America to Innocence Project, Sunrise Movement, Warren Democrats, and Mijente – our partners are at the cutting-edge of mobile advocacy
Our unwavering focus has placed our technology at the forefront of what’s possible in SMS advocacy. Strive is a bootstrapped, independent company, free from the pressures of investors and shareholders that force other companies to prioritize profits over impact. We’re committed to building a team that reflects the diversity of the organizations we serve and the future we’re collectively fighting for.
About the role
Strive Messaging is seeking a full-time Technical Account Manager/Project Manager to join our growing Product team.
As a digital tool used everyday by leading organizers and political strategists, we’re constantly working to build relationships with our users by embracing their goals and objectives. Whether it’s managing agile development projects or QAing innovative new features, the Technical Account Manager/Project Manager will be empowering progressive movements.
As a Technical Account Manager/Project Manager you’ll be a key stakeholder in shaping our approach to industry challenges and defining how our product can solve those challenges. The Technical Account Manager/Project Manager will manage the work on a variety of projects across accounts. You’ll lead sprint planning meetings, track release progress, and prioritize work for our Product team. We are looking for a self-starter who is organized and able to drive the definition and delivery of multiple features.
The Technical Account Manager/Project Manager will be responsible for troubleshooting technical issues with users, escalating bugs with the Product team, and providing timely correspondence to accounts. Strive has a highly engaged user base that is always growing. To communicate with internal and external stakeholders, you’ll leverage your knowledge of our platform and political technology at large. As the Technical Account Manager/Project Manager you'll use your problem-solving skills and passion for progressive politics to deliver value to the movements that use our tool.
If you are interested in amplifying the reach and impact of people-powered movements – we’d love to hear from you!
- Lead multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish
- Track sprint velocity, sprint/release progress, development timelines
- Facilitate sprint planning meetings and discussions
- Define, assign, and prioritize tasks
- Manage incoming technical support tickets by scoping out potential bugs, communicating with internal stakeholders, and providing technical correspondence with users
- Troubleshooting and problem solving basic account issues that arise and providing technical support
- Provide accurate and succinct updates and escalations both with internal teams and external partners
- QA new features and improvements, and confirm updates for bug fixes
- Maintain process documentation
- Provision campaign and call numbers for new users
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Demonstrated ability for project management
- A team player, who’s flexible from task to task
- Background working with a small team preferred
- A fast learner who is able to assist customers using our platform
- Strong communication and self management skills - you work constructively and respectfully with people from technical and non-technical backgrounds, including an understanding of how to share technical progress and manage expectations with both customers and internal teams
- Proficient in using project planning software, such as Asana or Notion
- Experience designing QA plans and conducting quality assurance tasks
- Passion for progressive politics
Compensation and Benefits
Some of our key benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- 60-100k per year salary, based on experience level and qualifications
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with 100% of premiums covered by Strive
- Generous 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO, with a minimum of 15 days per year
- Office space/coworking space stipend
To apply, please submit your resume/CV, your portfolio and a statement of interest.
Strive Messaging provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.